Sunday, March 8, 2015

Blame it on DST

I was so careful.  I changed all the clocks (furnace thermostat, microwave, bedroom, living room) last night and made myself go to bed early, and even fell asleep pretty easily - not the usual outcome when I get in bed before midnight.  I woke up at the new 6 am, and did not curse the fact that my body was convinced it was still 5 am.  Admittedly, I was dragging a bit, and didn't manage to get out and do the weeding that was on the plan for this morning, but I made it to knitting group on time and did not drop any stitches or otherwise screw up the pattern for my current shawlette. 

Came home, did a bit of weeding and cleared away the dead foliage from the Japanese forest grasses in the sideyard -- so nice to see the bright spring green shoots poking up through the soil! - but didn't do too much else because it's never a good idea to spend too much time weeding the first time I'm out there for the season.  Went back into the house, and decided to work on the drawstring project bags I cut out earlier in the week.  New project bags for new projects, coming up! 

I cut out the corners for the boxed bottoms, stitched up the side and bottom seams, pressed all the seams open, la la la la la....  I do these assembly line fashion, so I had four all stitched up and ready to turn before stitching the lining bottom close.  I turned one, stitched the bottom, pressed the top seam, picked up the ribbon for the drawstring, and realized...

I forgot to leave an opening and stitch a channel for the drawstring.

Seriously? 

And of course, I had left the sewing machine on the very small stitch length that is its default...  And the bag is lined, so that seam allowance is not easily accessible.  Grrrrr.....

I knew what I needed to do.  I did it.  My project bag now has a drawstring installed.


It's a cute project bag.  I like it. But I am Not a Happy Camper.  Daylight Savings Time, thief of sleep, I hate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment