Sunday, January 2, 2011

Year of scraps

As mentioned back in October, I've been feeling the desire to work my way through some of my accumulated scraps. While the blog has been silent the past months, I have still been sewing... a little. The blue solids in this first quilt top are from a fat quarter pack of Kona cotton solids, but all the other fabrics are from my scrap bins.

Quilt top for Margaret's Hope Chest - 45 x 60.

The blocks below are made entirely from scraps...

Center square log cabin blocks - warm color scraps. These will finish to 3.75".

Center square log cabin blocks - cool colors. Same size as warm colors. This piece is what I've been working on this weekend. There is one more row of very dark blocks to add to the top and two down the right side. It should finish to just over 55" square, unless I decide to add more rows to the top and bottom and turn it into a rectangle. I'm pretty sick of working with 1.125" cut strips, so making it into a rectangle seems pretty unlikely!

3 comments:

  1. Like the darker rows on the outside. It adds interest.

    I didn't know you were working on a Margaret's Hope Chest quilt. Did you send it off?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I still have it. I want to do several tops and backs and since I am so terrible about getting to the post office I will probably wait until have more done and then send them all off together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, if you come and visit next month it will probably still be here! ;-)

    ReplyDelete